Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Successful Presentation!

So, my lecture on "The Christian Elements of Harry Potter" was a success. I'm surprised that no one had to leave after it passed an hour (it went about an hour and twenty minutes), but that's the magic of the Potter series and the audience was extremely polite. There were about 20-25 people who attended. I do hope that they get some of the books I referenced which are critical to a literary analysis of the Potter series. But more importantly, I hope everyone had a good time. I think they did - I've heard some positive reviews.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince opens in theaters, and my family and I will be at the midnight release at our local theater on July 15th (if you recall that midnight belongs to the AM - that's so annoying). Even the theater says Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, to clear up any confusion (lol). Yesterday I was looking at www.fandango.com to look at tickets and saw that my local theater had two screens showing it at midnight, and one was sold out already. But then I thought "hey, that's okay, the other theater with 22 screens has seven showings and they haven't sold out yet." Not the case this morning. When my father and I logged on to purchase advance tickets for the other showing (we got them, thank goodness), can you believe that all seven showings were already sold out. That's the juggernaut that is the Potter films.

I can't believe I haven't blogged yet about "A Very Potter Musical." I've been singing along to the songs and enjoying this for the last few weeks (when it was initially posted and when it was re-posted), and it's just so good... I hope that everybody checks this awesome thing out on www.youtube.com. It's becoming its own phenomenon, a soundtrack should be released and another reviewer suggested the cast and crew go on tour with the show - I agree, I think they should as well.

If I don't post again until after the new movie comes out, I hope everyone who goes has a fun (and safe) time at the midnight releases or whenever you go to see the film. Thanks again to all who attended my presentation this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment